If you or your loved one has been accused of driving under the influence (DUI) you might be facing charges that can land you up in jail or suspend your license. When you get charged with DUI, it puts a lot of stress on the family as well as on the accused. This is when you will need to take the help of reputed criminal lawyers.
You may be not driving under the influence. Perhaps, the officer who charged you with DUI may mistakenly treat your medical condition as a drunken driving. It becomes important to contact a Criminal attorney and get out of the charge. Mainly because, if you are convicted of a DUI, it will become your permanent criminal record and you may need to pay a huge fine, spend time in jail, or an ignition interlock may be installed in your car.
The penalties for the first-time offense may be less, but for second or third time, the offense is regarded as a criminal conviction.
How Can Criminal Lawyers Help You?
A Criminal Lawyer will get i to the bottom of the case by vigorously examining the charges made against their client and also the evidence collected at the time of arrest. He/she will make sure that no further charges are filed against them. The lawyer can easily handle all kinds of DUI charges and can defend the clients. They can build a string defense for the client and can even settle the case out of court. When it comes to bargaining with a DUI prosecutor or a plea deal, they are very helpful.
The Benefits of Taking the Help of an Attorney
- A qualified attorney with vast years of experience knows the laws regarding DUI of the state and thereby can ensure that the rights of the clients are intact. They have the required training and expertise that can helps clients to turn the case in their favor.
- A criminal defense lawyer apart from working on plea bargaining with the judge and the prosecutor can work on sentence bargaining (for second time offenders). He/she also has the ability to reach a plea deal with less penalty or jail time for first-time offenders.
- A lawyer can easily find the technicalities involving the case that can help in dropping the case totally.
- A Criminal Attorney can easily challenge your arrest and the charges against you. As they are competent in assessing the testing procedures for determining the blood alcohol levels, the test used to determine the continence in the field. In fact, the lawyer will work rigorously in order to ensure that the client receives a fair trial.
- All details shared with the lawyer remains confidential and protected.
- A Criminal Attorney can easily delay a case in court of law till they have the judge that is considered to be the best for the DUI case.
If you want to keep your loved one’s safe and taken care of when you are charged with DUI, the best solution available is to take the help of a Criminal Attorney.